The church at Monkton Deverill, which is now deconsecrated, is tucked away in the back of the village. As with Hill Deverill, it’s a private house and almost impossible to photograph without intruding on the owners’ privacy. The church of King Alfred boasted a magnificent pulpit, probably of Belgian origin, presented to it in 1880 by Lord Charles Thynne, then Rector of Longbridge and Monkton Deverills. Panels from this pulpit are in Brixton Deverill church.
Source: Find a Grave