A simple Norman font, with a chevron design around the rim.
This was brought to Brixton Deverill from the church at Imber, when that village was taken over by the military.
Source: Britain Express
The font was brought from the church of St Giles at Imber in 1951. It has a 12thc bowl and the upper section of the shaft, but the lower part of the shaft and the base date from the later Middle Ages or the 19thc. A band of chevron, 0.11m high, runs around the font at 0.045m below the top of the bowl.